Increase Employee Performance, Reduce Complaints
Conflict between and among employees, managers, and guests occurs when there is an emotional reaction to a disagreement. Poorly managed conflict is enviable within any service industry environment and leads to…
- Emotional/physical violence
- Reduced employee performance
- Liability / Litigation
- Lack of a commitment organizational objectives
- Employees saying and doing things that destroy self-esteem and reputations
- And, in rare situations, even lives
Although human conflict cannot be eradicated or avoided, we can train to reduce its negative consequences. That’s what we do at Vistelar. How?
By training to minimize conflict by verbalizing in a non-escalatory and de-escalatory style that involves responding effectively to emotional or physical violent erupts. This is effectively accomplished by using our distinguished and interactive/engaging training style. It’s been proven all over the world in the police, first responder, and many other markets – now adapted and proven effective across various government markets.
Benefits of our Verbal Defense & Influence Training Program:
- Reduce unnecessary revenue loss as a result of conflict
- Create and uphold a social contract that prevents conflict
- Empower employees to resolve conflict on their own
- Decrease workplace bullying and harassment
- Deal effectively with customers to reduce complaints
- Foster improved cooperation and collaboration
- Reduce risk of litigation
- Protect from workplace violence
Here is what people are saying about our programs:
Through Verbal Defense & Influence, officers learn in a safe classroom environment how their
words affect situations, how their body language can set the tone for their interactions with
others and how their use of appropriate and professional communication can keep a situation
from escalating. The information and skills taught in Verbal Defense & Influence classes help to
keep them safer while performing as officers of the department.
– Toni Crowfoot, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise, Tucson, AZ
Verbal Defense & Influence really helps Security protect the company’s bottoms line by
giving us the tools to enforce policies without the patrons blaming us or the casino for
the problems they themselves cause. I once had to bar the arm of a patron who was
physically and verbally threatening to harm an employee when I arrived. When it was
all over and we were escorting the patron out voluntarily, he thanked me for watching
out for him, and not getting him arrested. The man and his family have since remained
regular customers to our casino. Witnesses were pleased and continue to come because they
feel safe, and the employee was pleased that we quickly gained control of the situation.
– Jeff Barrix, Ho Chunk Gaming Security, Baraboo, WI
I’ve worked at the Casino as a Security Guard for over 8 years. This has been the most informational and helpful class offered to me.
– Dale Bauman, Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Casino Resort and Hotel Partial Client List
Little River Casino Resort, Manistee, MI
Casino Arizona at Salt River, Phoenix, AZ
Four Winds Casino Resort, Buffalo, MI
Potawatomi Bingo and Casino, Milwaukee, WI
Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort, Maricopa, AZ
Santa Ana Star Casino, Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, MI
Ho-Chunk Bingo and Casino, WI
To learn more about how Vistelar can help create a safer resort, hotel or casino, please submit the form below.