Increase Campus Safety, Improve Student Achievement, Minimize loss
Conflict between and among students, professors, parents, and school staff occurs when there is an emotional reaction to a disagreement and can leads to…
- Emotional/physical violence.
…which results in…
- Revenue loss
- Reduced student achievement and teaching effectiveness
- Lack of training in managing conflict
- Students and staff saying and doing the wrong things that can destroy reputations
- Reduced self-esteem
- Liability / revenue loss
- Injuries, and in rare circumstance even lives.
Although human conflict is inevitable, we can train to reduce its negative consequences. That’s what we do at Vistelar. How?
By training to minimize conflict by verbalizing in a non-escalatory and de-escalatory style that involves responding effectively to emotional or physical violent erupts. This is effectively accomplished by using our distinguished and interactive/engaging training style. It’s been proven all over the world in the police, first responder, and many other markets – now adapted and proven effective in the higher educational market.
Vistelar’s programs train how to:
- Reduce unnecessary revenue loss as a result of conflict
- Create and uphold a classroom social contract that prevents conflict
- Empower students to resolve conflict on their own
- Improve classroom discipline and reduce disruptions
- Manage grade grubbing and other problematic student behaviors
- Decrease bullying and fighting
- Foster a learning environment that improves academic achievement
- Maintain a more safe and secure school environment
Written by Vistelar Consultant Jill Weisensel, Confidence in Conflict for Campus Life: The must have resource for every college bound student, is the only book that gives real-world tools for college students to maintain safety and be successful away from home.
Learn the skills needed to keep yourself safe on campus, before you get there and it’s too late. This book will help you make the most out of your college experience by better equipping you to face conflict and crimes commonly encountered on a college campus.
You will learn:
- The personal safety and awareness skills you need to protect yourself.
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to resolve real-life campus situations.
The book is available on Amazon for download and in paperback versions. To learn more, click here.
To learn more about how Vistelar can help create a safer higher education community, please submit the form below.