Increase Safety, Improve Care
Conflict between and among administration, emergency professionals, caregivers, patients, and their families occurs when there is an emotional reaction to a disagreement. Poorly managed conflict is enviable within any emergency setting and leads leads to…
- Emotional/physical violence
- Caregiver and victim injuries
- Inability among staff to effectively respond to patients in crisis
- Revenue loss
- Patient and family complaints
- Reduced staff performance
- Reduced employee performance
- Liability / Litigation
- Lack of a commitment to a company’s vision
- Injuries / Profit loss
- Employees saying and doing things that destroy self-esteem and reputations
- And, in rare situations, even lives
Although human conflict cannot be eradicated or avoided, we can train to reduce its negative consequences. That’s what we do at Vistelar. How?
By training to minimize conflict by verbalizing in a non-escalatory and de-escalatory style that involves responding effectively to emotional or physical violent erupts. This is effectively accomplished by using our distinguished and interactive/engaging training style. It’s been proven all over the world in the police, first responder, and many other markets – now adapted and widely proven effective in the healthcare industry.
We have two programs tailored for Emergency Professionals: Verbal Defense & Influence and Point of Impact Crisis Intervention. We also offer RIPP Restraint International soft restraint products and training.
Benefits of our Fire & EMS Training Programs
- Minimize liability, revenue loss, and improve quality of patient care
- Create and uphold a social contract within the healthcare institution that minimizes conflict
- Empower staff to resolve conflict on their own
- Decrease bullying and harassment in healthcare
- Deal effectively with patients, their families and the public to reduce complaints
- Foster improved cooperation and collaboration
- Reduce risk of litigation
- Protect from workplace violence
To learn more about how Vistelar can help create a safer community, please submit the form below.