Verbalization Training Options
Verbal Interventions to Prevent and Manage Conflict
Hundreds of thousands trained across all 50 states, several countries, and at all levels of government (view our sample client list)
Vistelar’s verbalization Training is guaranteed to improve police-community relations by reducing:
- Use-of-force incidents
- Citizen complaints
The program also has internal (within the agency) benefits proven to improve employee morale, work satisfaction, collaboration, while reducing internal bullying and workplace stress.
Verbalization Training is aimed to prevent and manage conflict using Non-Escalatory and De-Escalatory verbalization skills when interacting with the general public or individuals in crisis. We offer a wide array of Verbalization Training options that involve direct end-user training, train-the-trainer (instructor) options, and online training options. The training is aimed at preventing the negative dance from starting and if already started, to de-escalate it before it gets out of control. It is by far the best reviewed and most effective law enforcement verbalization program on the market.
Verbal Defense & Influence (our most popular in law enforcement)
Train to verbalize in a manner proven effective to prevent/reduce conflict using non-escalatory and de-escalatory verbalization tactics for purposes of reducing risk by preventing and/or reducing the chances of use-of-force, injury, complaints, and to reduce liability.
Appropriately respond to conflict, manage verbal abuse, keep conflict from escalating into confrontations, defuse confrontations, de-escalate violence, maintain personal safety, build cooperation and collaboration, improve community relation skills, conduct difficult conversations, lower workplace stress levels, and enhance professionalism.
The Verbal Defense & Influence program is by far the best program in law enforcement and unique to any other. The program is highly engaging and interactive. We train beyond lectures. Our style of fire-drills not fire-talks. The focus on non-escalation verbalization skills is just as important as de-escalation. We also use an emotionally safe performance driven style that involves videotaped role plays – allowing us to practice, critique, and continue to practice until the skill is learned. We can document and prove learning has occurred with each student.
One Minute Highlight of Verbal Defense & Influence
BREAKDOWN OF TRAINING OPTIONS
Our trainers at Vistelar will train your staff directly at your agency. Or, you can send your staff to a training session already scheduled within your area or remotely. Please see our training calendar for options. We offer end-user training and train-the-trainer (Instructor) training. Our training blocks range from 4-hour workshops all the way to four day instructor training options and even online training options. Click on the hyperlink to view or download the course objectives for each option shown below:
Online training: Our Online training will be available end of July. This will be an 8-hour work at your own pace online law enforcement training program.
Based on the above course objectives, agencies have four options:
- Send one of your trainers to one of our train-the-trainer programs and then have that trainer deliver our Verbal Defense & Influence program directly to your own end-users within your organization.
- Have us come out and train your end-users directly – either the practitioner course or a workshop.
- A combination of both. Certify one of your trainers as an instructor in the program. Then, after that, have us come out and train your staff (end-users) directly in a co-teaching format with your new Verbal Defense & Influence Instructor.
- Sign up for our online training.
TRAINING COURSE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION TO VIEW AND DOWNLOAD
Call us at 877-690-8230 and speak to us in more detail. We can also schedule a call with our training director and master trainer Gary Klugiewicz.
We can come directly to your agency as a contracted option – you buy the course and fill it. Or we have hosted options – you host a course and we work together to fill seats. Agencies also have the option to send staff to training remotely. Call and ask about special travel discounts that apply when traveling more than one hour for training to attend remotely.
Experienced training coordinator and magistrate judge calls Verbal
Defense & Influence training “Eye opening experience… without a
doubt, head-and-shoulders above any other class I’ve ever taken.”
Three Minute Summary of Verbal Defense & Influence Program
PICI (Point of Impact Crisis Intervention Training)
More information to come – site under construction. Please call us for more information.
For First Responders at the Point-of-Impact in Crisis Intervention Situations. Train to respond (not react) to those in crisis due to mental disorder, substances, or due to a crisis in a non-escalatory and de-escalatory manner for purposes of reducing risk by preventing and/or reducing the chances of use of force, injury, complaints, and to reduce liability. Students learn about neurological and emotional disorders and how they impact their profession, the future of both the client, and the responsible professional alike.
- reduce stimulation by managing their presence in a manner that prevents pushing people under stress into crisis.
- separate and support by managing the scene/environment to make it incompatible with crisis behaviors.
- adapt communication by communicating with people under stress to prevent crisis (non-escalation) and to communicate with people in active crisis (de-escalation).
- use communication skills for nonverbal subjects, people with brain-based disorders, and those experiencing psychiatric crisis/delusional states, impaired mental states/substance abuse, and/or emotional crises.
- identify and meet urgent unmet needs quickly and efficiently, in order to prevent, reduce, or eliminate violent and/or self-destructive behavior.
Interventions for Patients With Challenging Behaviors
(description coming shortly)
POSC (Principle of Subject Control)
(description coming shortly)
More information to come – site under construction. Please call us for more information. 877-690-8230
To view our sample client list, please click here.